Allen Bradley PLC for huge project

mosama

Dear all,
I'm not familiar with Allen Bradley PLC, so can someone suggest a suitable AB PLC or PAC that can afford the following I/O:

Digital inputs = 1755
Digital Outputs = 1274
Analog Inputs = 141
Analog outputs = 37

And it should have modular architecture, and can communicate with MODBUS or PROFIBUS system through its communication module.

Also it will be very good if there is a selection tool that can help me in selecting part numbers.

Thank you

For a system like this, you're going to be looking for a ControlLogix system. Modbus and Profibus are both available through third party supplier like ProSoft, which are usually available also through your AB dealer.

There is a selection tool type of program available here

Go to ab.com (you'll get redirected automatically)

Then on the product library find the Programmable Controllers section. Next I think they are borken out by size, so look for "large". Find and click on the Controllogix line and find the "brochure" page for it.

http://ab.rockwellautomation.com/Programmable-Controllers/ControlLogix

Then there should be a tab somewhere in the middle of the page called "Resources". Then look for a link called "Build a catalog number". This pops up a wizard for each of Rockwell Automation's major product lines that you can use to build lists of part numbers and configure options. It provides list prices as well (normally you can get at least 20% off from your distributor on hardware).

The wizards don't run in chrome...not sure about firefox...I use Microsoft Internet Explorer when I run the config. wizards.

Then there' this page which is where I go to validate a part number. Once validated, you can often go from the results page through the back door to the configuration wizard for a particular model. I use this page all the time to verify my order entry and to double check formats, or to find out what the differences are when Bubba decides to ignore a few characters in the photocell part number...things like that make this link very handy:

http://www.rockwellautomation.com/en/e-tools/

Paul