Dumbing Down A PanelView Program

WireGuy1950

I know this is a strange request but I need to save a PV1400E program (.PVC) to and older PV1200 program format (.PWB).

I have a PV1200 (RIO) that has an LCD conversion, but I do not have a PV1400E.

Any ideas?

That is a strange one. I certainly don't think it's possible.

Are you sure that's a PanelView 1200 Classic that's been converted to LCD ? I've seen the 1400E converted to LCD and the 1000E was already a flatscreen, but I've never seen someone want to keep the 1200 Classic terminal hardware going long enough to convert the video to a flatscreen and find a way to adapt a modern touchscreen controller to it.

I deal with a lot of our legacy machines out in the field.

The 1400E's are more popular and I don't have any on hand.

I found a reasonable conversion for the 1200's and it is really nice and fuctional, and has RIO.

The RIO stuff does not leave me many options from a field service (send out a replacement) perspective. I have changed some to serial screens, but that involves a lot of plc program changes which need to be done in person.