Cimplicity (6.1) login freezing CimView

RenoEvan

Hi Controls Gurus, same inherited system prompting my VersaPro version question, has a peculiar problem on the HMI, which may have surfaced when the computer running Cimplicity HMI suite was replaced. The CimView Screens include a login option for higher level users, allowing access to certain screens. Even after loggin in at SYSMGR level, when you try to access the "setpoint action" of certain variables, a message comes up saying "username and password not valid". I looked at the screen in CimEdit, but don't see any condition expression for the item on the screen. Is there another place within a Cimplicity project that I should look to see a login condition designated for changing a specific variable? This is a particularly irksome glitch, because it not only denies the user editing the variable value, but freezes the CimView screens, so the HMI computer must be rebooted! Thanks for any clues or suggestions where to dig deeper.

There are lots of questions about HMIs, just not many about Cimplicity.

You need to look through the screens to see if the computer name is referenced. If the old computer name is in the screens, then you will have to change it. Also, check any shortcuts to open screens for a /project switch that uses the computer name.

Next time, open Task Manager and stop the CimView.exe process. That should "kill" the screen, but the project will continue to run and you may not have to reboot the computer.

Thanks DYoast, for your suggestions (and on the VersaPro). One mystery I should mention is that this problem occurs with setpoint actions on text items (addressed as %R), while text buttons with toggle setpoint actions (addressed as %M, and with security level condition) on the same screen work just fine. i Would totally do the task manager thing, but the screens run full size, and the only way I know to get the windows taskbar visible is to get Cimplicity to run the login, which brings up a touchscreen keyboard. So once CimView goes limp, I can't call that function.