This is Wrong. Right?

I would say so.

Also, The picture next to it (of the 1756 rack) shows the Ethenet cable running to the processor (with keyswitch), but the text says "1756-ENBT Module (as an adapter)"

Wasn't there an oddball version of compactlogix based on the 1756 chassis?

There is the L4x series that have 1768 modules that install to the left of the processor if that is what you are thinking of. You can get an Ethernet module.

if you're interested in this sort of thing, here are some more errors from the same manual ...

page 71 is basically a Copy-and-Paste from the CONTROL-logix manual with the name changed to COMPACT-logix ...

(1) the COMPACT-logix doesn't have Change Of State (COS) capabilities ...

(2) the local outputs are NOT "sent" at the end of every task ...

even the word "backplane" isn't exactly correct when applied to the I/O for the COMPACT-logix platform ...

party on ...

CPX_errors.PNG

Last edited:
Technical editors just aren't what they used to be. Ron, you should apply to Rockwell for a proof-checker job!

Welcome to the real world.....

I have had to deal with so many RA publication goofs.... can I have a dollar for each one please?

Having said that, they are nicely laid out and the indexes and contents tables are usually right ! lol

To be fair, RA produce a humongous amount of material that it's not surprising a few mistakes get through.

When I first started with the PLC5/40 Enhanced, I filled out about ten corrections and suggestions (I had 20 or more paper manuals with the forms in the back, saved for paper planned RIO changes...'member Paper Manuals and Real Wood Pencils?)

Back on topic, anyway I wrote professional explanations of the errors and omissions, submitted them through the proper channels, and never even got a form letter acknowledgement back.

Then I discovered this place...

Last edited:
When I first started with the PLC5/40 Enhanced, I filled out about ten corrections and suggestions (I had 20 or more paper manuals with the forms in the back, saved for paper planned RIO changes...'member Paper Manuals and Real Wood Pencils?)

Back on topic, anyway I wrote professional explanations of the errors and omissions, submitted them through the proper channels, and never even got a form letter acknowledgement back.

Then I discovered this place...

I really like that I have found bugs in there PowerFlex Drive software and never did get a notice if they fixed it. Atleast my local vendor returns my calls.

When I first got my hands on a PLC5/250 (Pyramid Integrator), I was dismayed to see the [ONS] instruction missing from the instruction set, instead it had the clunky OSR and OSF instructions.

I submitted feedback, again through the proper channels, asking why it had been omitted, and suggesting it was a very useful instruction, can be placed anywhere on a rung, and only needed 1 bit of memory (the OSR and OSF need 2 bits each).

My message hopped around the world a few weeks, eventually the reply came back to me from the States, quote: "The 5/250 does not have the ONS instruction, use the OSR or OSF instructions instead" !!

o_O