Retrieve Program from AB,PanelView1400e

bundhit

I am trying to connect AB, PanelView1400e and my Laptop by using "Panel View e Transfer Utility 32" and Serial Cable which has a wiring diagram as shown below
Female DB9 Male DB25
2 ---------------------- 3
3 ---------------------- 2
5 ---------------------- 7
The upload process cannot complete because the error code:4209
I tested again with the other PanelView1400e, the error code:4209
still appeared.
(Note: I have turned the key to configure position, and uploaded the project file in the "Transfer Application" page. The serial port of Laptop has been set to match with Serial port of PV1400e)

1. Can the cable, which has wiring diagram as shown above, link
PanelView1400e to the Laptop

2. Can I retrieve the program in PanelView1400e by using PCMCIA card
I mean, take the PCMCIA from PV1400e then plug it to my laptop
and then, copy the project file to my laptop.
Will I take risk about losing the project file in the PCMCIA?

bundhit,

Here's the Pinout that I found in the PV1400E manual (Publication 2711E-821 January 1998). AB supplies cable 2711-NC1 to do this. I don't know if your "reduced" version will work.

As far as the PCMCIA card - I've never used one with the 1400E, but have with the 1000 (not E). It works like you describe - plugging the PCMCIA into the laptop, it is visible as a removable drive. You can then copy the appropriate files to and from the card, then with the PV, choose which application to run from any that you have placed on the card (typically, you can have more than one applications on the same card).

Marc

pv1400e pinout.jpg

Hi Marc, Thank you for your support. I whether right understand the NC in your wiring diagram is "Not Connect”? Anyhow, I followed your diagram by leaving the other side of SHIELD alone and tested the connection of PV1400e and Laptop again but the failure still remains.

For the PCMCIA card, I've never transferred data by using PCMCIA. Is it easy as I use thumb drive?