1756-EN2T as a slave

Sinc_green

I have an 1756-L63 Processor with an EN2T Bridge in rack, tied to a network that has an HMS Anybus Ethernet/IP Scanner module. I need data transfer to/from the Target L63 Processor, say 4 DINTS in and out for arguments sake. I can configure the scanlist for the Anybus Scanner through RSNetworx, and I can apparently set up a connection that will pull tags from the L63. However I am not able to push anything back (output fields are greyed out, etc).

My question is, can anyone confirm that writing to the L63 is not possible using another vendors scanner? Has anyone accomplished anything similar, not necessarily using this particular scanner?

The Anybus scanner does not support explicit messaging.

Thanks!
Bill

This is the first time I've seen somebody use RSNetworx for EtherNet/IP on a third-party scanner, so I can't give you a direct example.

Does the Anybus configuration specify a Connection number, or a Tag name, or an Assembly number ?

The 1756-ENBT/EN2T are, strictly speaking, "bridges" to the ControlLogix. The 1756-EN2T won't be responding to the Anybus device directly.

Is there a reason you can't do this in the traditional opposite manner, with the ControlLogix as the connection originator and the Anybus as the connection target ?

Post as many details as you can.

I have two ethernet devices on this network (besides the Anybus), the 1756-EN2T that shares a chassis with my CLX of interest, and a P&F Safety Controller / Ethernet Adapter. I need the Anybus Scanner module (as opposed to Adapter) to read the P&F Adapter. This was the original network - the Controllogix is a recent addition that I am trying to make work with what I have (Anybus hasn't been able to tell me whether or not I can do this).

When configuring the Anybus scanner by itself (using WebInterface or Hyperterminal) it specifies Assembly Instances, though I am not using this method.

Anybus includes a cut-sheet walking you through how to configure it with RSNetworx (though the examples they give are more typical Ethernet Adpators). I can easily set up the P&F Controller in the Scanlist Configuration. When trying to do the same with the CLX, I can select it through the EN2T as you might expect, and open Connection Properties which will allow me to set up a connection to read Controller Tags back. Addressing Parameters concerning Output size are greyed out. So I get the feeling that I'm out of luck.

As far as going the other way, with the CLX as the originator, I have set up Generic Ethernet Modules before, but never with a Scanner as the target. Is this possible?

Thanks a bunch,
Bill

RSNetworx - Anybus_CLX.jpg