Panelview Error 392 on download

hcooper84037

I'm trying to dump a file to a panelview1000, I know that I have the correct device selected, etc and I copy the file over to a CF card, and the panelview reads it and finds the file.

When it starts to download, I get an error 392 file not supported. The PB32 is a few years old....perhaps thats the problem, the FW in the panelview doesnt support old versions?

This is going to hit critical mass...I dont have a support contract on the software anymore from AB, so I am hoping someone here has an answer.

Here is the setup I have:

PanelBuilder32 version number is 03.82.01 (build 451)

Panelview1000 2711-T10C3

Boot V1.06
firmware V04.20
HWCFG TS P0.485 P1.232 SS10.0

Error 392 File not supported

See KB below. I don't have a Tech Connect. If you don't maybe someone who does will tell us what it says.

57899 - File not supported. Error 392
Cause 1: This may be caused if the memory card is a CompactFlash card. Even though it may be possible to access data by using a PCMCIA adapter for the CF card, this is not supported. If...
Access Level: TechConnect
Created: 01/13/2009
Updated: 04/22/2010

In PanelBuilder32, in the Terminal Settings tab, click the "Model Numbers and Firmware Revisions" button (I'm going from memory on the label) to expand the window to show the firmware revisions for which you can develop and compile a PanelView application.

That should show you which firmware revision your *.PVA file is being created for. This has to match the general range of firmware installed in the terminal itself.

Since the terminal recognizes and reads the root folder and can see the *.PVA file on the card, the problem isn't the memory card.

KB Article

Here is the rest of the KB article.

57899 - File not supported. Error 392
Access Level: TechConnect
Date Created: 01/13/2009 11:04 AM
Last Updated: 04/22/2010 12:07 PM

The following error occurs when attempting to load a .PVA file from a memory card:

File not supported. Error 392

Cause 1:

This may be caused if the memory card is a CompactFlash card. Even though it may be possible to access data by using a PCMCIA adapter for the CF card, this is not supported. If the PV terminal is a newer unit (4.41 and higher), the old linear flash cards are not supported. The only card supported by these units are the 2711-NM28, 216 and 232 units (ATA flash cards).

To avoid this error, use one of the supported memory cards.

Cause 2:

A backup project may be of different Panelview "Type". Change the type in the application's "Terminal Setup" and make sure you match the "Catalog & Revision Numbers" to device.