Reseting a error on MM420.

NoName

Hello all.

I have a question. I have a MM420 and a C7635 OP. And when I switch the Op from "run" to "stop" the MM420 inverter gives me this fault. F70. It's a profibus comunication error beacouse the OP isn't transmiting data. So is it possible to reset this error via profibus when I set the OP to "run" again.

Kind regards
>Ales<

Ales

I am not sure if this will work, as you state that you have a profibus comms error, but, have you tried setting bit 7 of the control word to 0 then back to 1? Bit 7 is the fault acknowledgement bit. Hopefully this will reset your drive.

Paul

Fault 70 is a profibus communication error. It has nothing to do with
bit 7, although if communication is re-established, then bit 7 will
reset the fault. I think you have cabling or interference problems.
Does the light on the profibus module turn RED when this fault occurs?? If so you are losing profibus communications.

PLucas,

From my experience, sending any data to the mm420 will get rid of comm err.

What you are proposing is correct, and will actually kill 2 birds with one stone .. (sending useful data to the drive to clear the F070 and setting the bit to clear any other faults at the same time..

NoName stated that it happened when the PLC is switched to STOP. Same thing happens to all our drives when the PLC is switched to STOP (F082 is what we get on the Simovert MAsterDrives we have.)
I added some code to handle the situation that Noname has. Whenever the PLC is running, control word, bit 10 (automation active) is always set to high. This is to clear the DP comm errors whenever the drives are powered up before the PLC.

That will never fix the problem.
F70 is a communication problem. If you really want to "rig" it
Set P2040 to a 0, this means "no telegram failure time"
and with this the PLC will have no control of the drive during these communication failures.

Oh- I got you. Sorry-I guess I should have read over this
more. I thought it was every time he stopped his DRIVE he got the F70.
I will shut up now.

NoName said:
Thank you all. Whit your help i solved my problem.

NoName

It might be useful for others if you tell us what you did to solve your problem, someone might have the same problem in the future and search this forum for a solution, read this thread and still be none the wiser.

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
From my experience, sending any data to the mm420 will get rid of comm err

That is interesting to know! A little nugget to store at the back of the ol' grey matter. I don't get to 'play' with these drives as often as I would like.

Paul

One big advantage to my job - I get a lot of Siemens (eXtremely expensive) toys to experiment with and setup.

I have the S7-200, 300, and 400 with misc modules
TP27s and TP37s
MM3, MM4 and masterdrives(VC,MC and CU2)

I fool around with this stuff from time to time and learn tricks like the one I mentioned earlier