1769-if16c

redviper

Hey Guys,

I have a few questions regarding a 16 channel analog input card for compact logix. 1769-IF16C.

In the Module-Defined tags that get generated when it is added:

There is DINT "Local:10:I.Fault" that is a fault code for the module. Does this word contain channel faults? Cannot find any docs on this.

There are Status bits as well "Local:10:I.Ch00Status" curious what this "status" reflects? I cannot find any docs on it.

At the end of the day, I am looking for individual channel fault status.

Thanks,

K

The DINT apparantly only returns entire module faults, not any specific channel faults.

I was also told by tech support it is not accurate and was not fully tested by engineering, so I cannot trust that anyways. Staus bits are not reliable either.

Solution: Take the raw value and compare that against my setpoint for a fault. Keepin it old school i guess.

I was also told by tech support it is not accurate and was not fully tested by engineering, so I cannot trust that anyways. Staus bits are not reliable either.

This kind of makes me mad.

In my mind it is totally unacceptable for ANY company to send anything out to be used that is not fully tested.

And then for them to admit it!!!!!

Mark