Siemens MPI communication

techparag

4, amar industrial estate, bhopar nandivili road,
Hii!!
I am trying to communicate S7300 CPU314C. The CPU is already attached to PROFACE IPC. I want some device which can convert a single MPI to 2 serial ports, so that one Serial port can be given to PROFACE HMI and other is available to me to communicate with another SCADA.

So, I am trying 2 Masters to communicate with the same PLC, so that workers need not access the same PROFACE IPC that is very close to process/ manufactring machine.(please know if thats possible??)

Please suggest.

Regards.

Grateful for your reply.
Now, the siemens PLC is connected to MPI to serial converter. This serial goes to the HMI that runs SCADA. I want to take the same PLC to another network through ethernet. Is it possible to split the two wires of MPI and connect it to two MPI to serial converters and then PUT one serial with exisiting HMI and other to a converter that will again convert the serial to MPI?

Please reply.
Regards,
Parag

I may be wrong but I believe some of the Proface HMI's can be used as cross platform devices.
You should be able to seamlessly connect using your HMI -
I have not done this.