Approaches to test PLC programs (need a urgent reply)

funfun66

Hello,

I wanted to know what are various approaches to test PLC programs.
the one i found is
1) Virtual Commissioning
2) Simulation
3) Model Based testing
4) Model Checking
5) Analyzers.
6) Manual Testing.

but i hav not understood the difference between Commissioning and Simulation. as i think both of them revolve around each other. also can i get some more idea about model based testing

I read virtual commissioning to be a collection of individual simulations (plcs, drives, mechanics, images etc) linked together to form a complete system.

After you finished the "virtual commisioning", your customer will send you virtual money.

"Simulation" is when you are late for a deadline, and you fake disease to get your *** out of the hot water.

"Model Checking" ... sorry I forgot what the question was. There was a neat model passing by I had to check out.

This thread is analogous to a typical testing scenario. Wait to the last minute of a project and then enquire about testing. Wait close to a decade then wonder if it was even tested in the first place.