IGSS help

hello,

i am using IGSS. i have a Siemens s7-1200 plc and i am finding it difficult to connect to the plc. i think that you can use driver 78 but it only gives the option of an s7 200 300 or 400. can anyone give me information on how to complete the connection. the training video is not really helping me.

any help would be appreciated. also could anyone tell me about the IGSS historian

regards

hello,

i am using IGSS. i have a Siemens s7-1200 plc and i am finding it difficult to connect to the plc. i think that you can use driver 78 but it only gives the option of an s7 200 300 or 400. can anyone give me information on how to complete the connection.

I haven't connected IGSS to a 1200, but I think I would try with driver 72. Use 300/400 option.
You can skip the 'advanced' tab.

Kalle

igsssetup.gif

driver 78

Hello

I have used IGSS with 300 series.
With s7 Profibus driver and with TCP/IP driver.

I don't remember the ID of those drivers.

The s7 driver was more tricky because it needed a Siemens CP card with the configuration installed, so you had to install Simatic NET on the station.
The TCP/IP driver was easy as it only needed the IP addresses and that was enough.

I don't know about the 78 driver, if you contact 7T, they usually respond quickly:

[email protected]

brg
Andreas