SLC 500-L20 fixed style controller

gusterminator

I was wondering what the advantage is using a 1791-16AC with my SLC 500-L20.
Does this modual replace alot of the terminals I would usually have to use for all my output and input I/O plust power?
I'm building a pannel and am trying to decied if I should use the 1791-16AC or not....I am a beginner. I read the manual and from what I understand once this modual is installed It would feed power and link all the Input and Output deviced to the PLC. Am I correct?

The 1791-16AC is a 'Remote I/O' device. It must be connected to a Remote I/O scanner. The Remote I/O scanner module for the SLC-500 system cannot be used with the L20. It can't be used in any of the 'fixed' type SLC-500 units. Only the 'modular' units may take a scanner module.

Thanks for the reply. So this modual is for controlling a set of inputs and outputs remotely, you would mount it in a pannel without a plc...then run a cable from your remote I/O scanner from your compatable PLC to this modual. Which would be way more convienent than doing a long run of every input and output wire to devices.