siemens s5 135u plc in stop mode

tineyi

i have a siemens 135u plc cpu which is in stop mode. the number of the processor is 6es59223ua11. i dont have a programmer so i need help on how to manually reset the plc.please assist.

You should definitely try to get a programming unit to analyze the stop cause and backup the current program!

Could you please tell us which LEDs that are lit, on the CPU and the rack power module?

Kalle

The plc is composed of seven processors.The first processor is 6es59233ua11 with no ram on it and is not indicating any fault.the second module is a 6es592133ua12 with a ram inserted and the run led on and also the stop led on and the basp fault indicator on.the third module is 6es59223ua11 with the ram connected and the run led off,the stop led on and the basp fault indicator on.the fourth module is 6es59213ua12 which is similar to the second module displaying the same faults with the second module.the fifth module is the same as the third module 6es59223ua11 and also displaying the same faults as the third module.the sixth module is 6es552632f1 with run led on and basp fault.the last module is 6es55253ua21 with pf1 and pf2 red leds on.the power module is on and the 24vdc signal on.

so please help me to put all these modules into the run mode.like i have said before at this moment i dont have a programmer,the only way out is the manual reset.

I'll still stress that you should get a PG. It's anyway your own choice and responsibility.
I have browsed the manual. Here's the restart description. The bold parts is relevant for you.

3.3 Anlaufarten
Die notwendigen Daten vom Betriebssystem für den zyklischen Betrieb
werden ermittelt und aufgebaut. Anschließend beginnt die zyklische
Programmbearbeitung. Siehe auch Programmieranleitung.

Abbruch der Funktion lfUrlöschenlf: Betriebsartenschalter von "STOP"
nach "RUN" und wieder nach "STOP" betätigen, ohne da& der Betriebs-
artentaster betätigt wird. Ergebnis: Urlöschen ist vermieden wor-
den; die ZBG bleibt im Stoppzustand.

3.3.1 Manueller Neustart ohne Geäächtnis
Merker, Zeiten, Zähler und das ProzeBabbild werden gelöscht. Die
Bearbeitung des Anwenderprogramms beginnt von vorn.
Das AG muB im Stoppzustand sein. Bei Mehrprozessorbetrieb muB der
Schalter auf dem KOR 923 auf "STOP" stehen.
Die ZBG wird rückgesetzt und geht in die zyklische Programmbearbei-
tung , wenn
- der Betriebsartentaster auf dem S-Prozessor in Stellung "RESET"
festgehalten wird,
- der Betriebsartenschalter von "STOP" nach "RUN" geschaltet wird und
- bei Mehrprozessorbetrieb der Schalter auf dem KOR 923 von "STOP"
nach "RUN" geschaltet wird
- oder durch die PG-Funktion "AG-Start".

3.3.2 Manueller Neustart mit Gedächtnis
Merker bleiben erhalten; Zeiten, Zähler und das ProzeBabbild werden
gelöscht. Die Bearbeitung des Anwenderprogramms beginnt von vom.
Vor dem Stoppzustand muB das AG im zyklischen Betrieb gewesen sein.
Bei Mehrprozessorbetrieb muB der Schalter auf dem KOR 923 auf "STOP"
stehen .
Die ZBG geht in die zyklische Programmbearbeitung, wenn
- der Betriebsartentaster auf dem S-Prozessor in Mittelstellung steht,
- der Betriebsartenschalter von "STOP" nach "RUN" geschaltet wird oder
- im Mehrprozessorbetrieb der Schalter auf dem KOR 923 von "STOP" nach
"RUN" geschaltet wird.
- oder durch die Programmiergerätefunktion "AG-Start".

3.3.3 Automatischer Neustart mit Gedächtnis
Wie manueller Neustart mit Gedächtnis, jedoch ist nach dem Ein- oder
Ausschalten der Versorgungsspannung keine Bedienung erforderlich.
Ein automatischer Neustart mit Gedächtnis erfolgt nach dem Einschalten
der Versorgungsspannung, wenn
- das AG vor dem Einschalten der Versorgungsspannung im zyklischen
Betrieb war,
- der Betriebsartenschalter auf dem S-Prozessor (im Mehrprozessorbe-
trieb auf den S-Prozessoren und auf dem KOR 923) in Stellung "RUN"
steht und nicht bedient worden ist,
- das Anwenderspeicher-Modul nicht gezogen worden ist und
- die Pufferbatterie in Ordnung ist (Daten im RAM-Modul müssen erhal-
ten bleiben).

thanks for the information you sent to me.ive done it but still the problem persists.the good news is i now have a programmer and ive managed to go on line and tried to restart but its saying restart not possible.it wants me to reset the faults on the i-stack.may you please tell me the proper procedure on how to reset the plc using the programmer and how to reset the i-stack.

thanks and good day

Did you make backups from all your CPUs?

You have got, from my pt. of view, a very uncommon configuration with so many CPUs in one rack. I have used a dual processor unit once, but I cannot remember much from it now. I can remember I had to run the coordinator in test mode to avoid that both CPUs stopped if one of them had an error.

To the ISTACK:
It is normally cleared when you do a restart. You should follow the chapter 3.3.1 ohne Gedächtnis (= cold restart).

If you want more specific help, you must post snapshots of the ISTACK for each CPU. Note that the stack has more than one page.

Kalle

thanks for your reply.i will soon send you the snapshots of istack on each cpu.im realibly informed that the cpus went into stop mode when an analogue input module 6es5465 4ua12 was removed from the rack while the plc was on.immediately the cpus went into stop mode and any means to reset the plcs are in vain.so maybe if you know the cause of this fault it might be easy for you to helpme troubleshoot.i have since replaced the analogue module but to no avail.

tineyi