Lookin for Citect Manual

jimtech67

I have been given the task to evaluate Citect SCADA software for a potently large project. I down loaded the free version of the software from the web site and that is going well. What I am looking for is a manual., you know the 600 page type you see for some SACDA packages. I looked on the web site and found bunch of “white paper but no main manual. Did I miss or is it some where else? Help would be appreciated.

JIM

I have used Citect SCADA before and as I recall, there is not a manual aside from the Help files.

Hi jimtech67,

I recently evaluated Intouch 8.0, WinCC ver 6.0 and Citect. I received from Wonderware the full version with a authorisation for one month and the complete manual was also on the cd pack. From Siemens I almost got the same except for Citect I downloaded the engineering version of the internet with NO manual available!!

There is a small manual available on the Citect website but , perhaps you need to contact Citect and asked for the manual? By the way, Citect was very easy to use even with the small manual.

Rudi

The Citectscada manual is contained in the help section of the software. There is no paper manual.
Also the downloadable software is the full version you can run for 15min at a time when connected to hardware.
I have been using Citect for 18 mths and have found the help manuals and the Knowledgebase articles to be very useful.

When you buy Citect you do get manuals with the package. But there is nothing in the manuals that is not in the help files accompanying the manuals.
One of the best sources of information is the knowledgebase. You can download and update that whenever you wish.
Really good SCADA package with support included for almost everything. The best trend system and pages I have seen in a SCADA system. If you need to trend use it. If you need several types of communications on the one system it is great. I have one system running Omron Controller Link to the PLCs, Modbus RTU to the fire system, BACnet to the BMS system (OPC) and will be adding Ethernet to an IT system shortly. It just ticks along.
Had to buy the BACnet OPC server and that was quite expensive. Used the Cimetrics driver. Not all that impressed with BACnet but a lot of BMS people are starting to use it. Too slow.

I use both Citect and InTouch toteach about SCADA. Weel, to be honest: I used to use InTouch. Nowadays I stick to Citect all the way. The reason: if I wanted to communicate between InTouch and a PLC I had to buy a third party program. Wonderware claimed to be able to communicate with more than 300 different PLC's, but failed to mention the need for the third-party drivers.

Citect didn't claim anything, but I found all the drivers I needed (S5, S7-200, S7-300, CQM1) inside the package or I found them on the support pages at the website. No need to pay for anything but the package itself.

It's also great package to use as a teaching environment. I don't even have to buy it. I can simply download it from their website and go on teaching. The students can run their projects for 15 minutes after every enhancement they have included. So I don't have to worry they'll be playing instead of learning. And if I want to install a project to show at an exhibition, I can simply purchase a single key fitted to what I need. I wish every company worked in that way!

And finally: you don't need a manual. All the info from the manuals is in the help files. Thus if you download a new version, you get the newest manuals at the same time. You always end up with the right manual for the right package.

Kind regards,