allen bradley1769-L31 parts confirmation

aec

Hi all ,

This is my first project with Allen bradley . The project involves some starting of pumps in sequence and fans .

Since this is the first project we have selected the following cpu and modules for the project , which I need confirmation from you people whether the software and extension modules are compatible with the cpu

1756-CP3 *** LOGIX5000 RS-232 PROG. CABLE
1769-ECR *** RIGHT END CAP/TERMINATOR
1769-IQ32 *** 1769 32 POINT 24VDC INPUT MODULE
1769-L31 *** COMPACTLOGIX DUAL SERIAL PROCESSOR, 512K
1769-OW16 *** 16 POINT VAC/DAC RELAY OUTPUT MODULE
1769-PB2 *** 24 VDC INPUT POWER SUPPLY 2 AMPS @ 5 VDC OUTPUT
2711-NC13 *** RS-232 OPERATING AND PROGRAMMING CABLE FOR 2711- 1,3,5,8,9 & PV1000E (16.4FT)
2711P-B6C20D *** PV PLUS 600 COLOR KEY/TOUCH , ETHERNET DC PS
9324-RLD200ENE *** RSLOGIX MINI , ENU

Awaiting for the feedbacks . Thanks in advance .

9324-RLD200ENE *** RSLOGIX MINI , ENU

Ok for a go.

There is a small suggestion that you will be getting only rslinx lite wih this MINI edition. You wont able to talk with your PLC with this .So consider a Proff Edition or Buy RSlinx Gateway separate.You can get the information from Rockwell

You can have a look at here for different RSL5k

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/attachment.php?attachmentid=14278&d=1279681420

After all its your first project with AB right..Good luck happy Laddering !!

Hi aradhonline,

Thanks for your immediate response . sorry I dont understand

" You wont able to talk with your PLC with this rs linx lite"

talking means communicating ?????

sorry if my questions it too basic :confused:

available seperately ??????

also they have mentioned few products as "available seperately" does it means that if required we have to buy it seperately or it will be a seperate software included with the package .

One more doubt whether the HMI will come along with a software or do I have to purchase it seperately .

sorry if I'm wrong . What I could understand is that we can program the PLC but PLC will not receive any information or control from the HMI with this rslinx lite is it ????? we cannot give input from the HMI to the PLC .(can only monitor the values ?????)

please please kindly bare with my question because this is my first project with Allen bradley and over all this is my second project .

OHMI will come along with a software

The software is called Panel Builder 32. It wont come with your HMI.It's actually an allen bradly product .Not rockwell. You can get it for around 250$ I think. But most people use a free copy version which is easily available on the internet.

Software for the PanelView Plus is called Factory Talk View Studio ME and is a separate purchase.
You do not need RSLinx(Classic) to get the PanelView Plus to talk to the PLC, you use RSLinx Enterprise which comes with Factory talk View Studio.
You only need RSLinx Classic Gateway if you want to send data to a PC.
So RSLinx Lite (Classic) will be fine to program your CompactLogix processor.

Alan

So then RSLINX Lite (classic) is enough right I need not buy the OEM version . correct me if I'am wrong .

And as far as HMI PANEL VIEW is concidered I should buy a software seperately is it PAnel builder 32 or
Factory Talk View Studio ME .

I could not get any link where I can download a free version of panel builder 32 .(still searching )

my previous project I worked with DELTA PLC . where the softwares are available free in there web link I had no probs and more over it is the same software for most of the PLC , and common software for all HMI .Thats why I am bit confused with allen bradley .

For PanelView plus you will need FactoryTalk View Studio ME.

PanelBuilder 32 is for the older standard PanelViews the ones with black surround.

RSLinx Classic Lite is all you need to communicate with your PC using RSlogix5000 to program your CompactLogix processor.

Alan

Last edited:
also can we simulate the ladder logic with out connecting to the PLC in Rslogix 5000 mini ?????