Siemens System Layout

rahilansari

Hi All

I have designed a Siemens system(please see attached).The system can be described as follows.
1.The system is a Pumping Station and has 5 RTU units.
2.Hot standby redundancy is required for main pumping station.
3.Fibre optic should be used a communication medium between RTUs and Main pumping station.
4.Pumping Station Communication network i.e., PLC to SCADA and PC to PC should be redundant.

So can you please check the layout and tell me whether it is workable or NOT(From hardware point of view)..

Thanks
Rahil

System_Architecture.jpg

As your system is designed now, the switch "in the middle" can bring the whole thing down.

I think you can make a copper ring between the PLCs and the copper/fiber switches. That gives you some redundancy at this level.

Dear Jesper
thanks for your reply.
I want to use Intel Teaming card for communication between ES/Servers and OS clients in Terminal bus.
Does Siemens itself supply this card if yes,Will you please tell me the part number since I am trying it in catalog but didn't found anything.

Thanks