S7-1200 and Advantech HMI

juanmdx

Hello everyone,

I'm working on a project with a S7-1200 PLC, and now the costumer wants to include an HMI, and he already purchased an Advantech HMI WOP-2070V-N4AE , I've never worked with this HMI's before, but I saw that there is a trial software and I'm going to start to work with it.

My question is because I'm not shure how I'm going to make the communication between the two devices, if it was a Siemens HMI I could do the programming on the S7 Basic software and the linking would be very easy; but since it's not, do you know how should I make the ethernet communication (and how to link the variables), I'm not controlling from the HMI, I'm just showing the status of the PLC's variables.

Thanks and best regards.

Juan

you need to load WinCC to the HMI
Connection can be done either by ProfiBus or E/net

You do it exactly as you are working with a simatic panel view .
Tags are the same, just that this time you gonna work on Designer development tool it's come with the panelview.

Ok, let me work a little with your info and I hope I come back with more questions :S

Best regards