Limit access to 1756-ENBT/A

Beryl

Is it possible to limit ENet access to my controllogix that is connected to my PLC Lan via a ENBT? Other departments also use Linx and I don't want them to be able to access my processors unless I say OK. I know they will need the IP but that is easy enough to get. I would like to be able to restrict to only specified IP's like the gateway driver.

Thanks,

I think the only way would be to install one of those rather expensive "managed switches", aka "layer 2" or "layer 3" switches. You'll need the services of a rocket scientist to set it up.

Similar Topics

I am trying to evaluate the differences between using FactoryTalk Security and the Service Edition of Rockwell software to limit access to edit...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a motor that we are sending a RPM Speed Output from 0-100% to the VFD. However, the Motor HP needs to be limited to 6000 HP and the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a quick question. I have been using scripts to change the color of buttons. The reason, I am usually using multiple hmiruntime.tags...
Replies
Views
Good evening all! I hope you folks are doing alright today, as I've got a situation that I believe I've come up with a solution to but I wanted to...
Replies
Views
Dear Experts, I'm just started working with GEO SCADA and I need your valuable help. Currently, I'm trying to edit the alarm limits on MIMIC...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom