PanelView Plus 6 1250 with CE (and no FTME?)

josh_d

Morning,

I have a brand new panelview plus 6 1250 that arrived yesterday. It has windows CE v6 installed on it and from what I can see, no factorytalk me station installed.

I've read some documentation I found on the rockwell website that seems to say that factorytalk me station should have been installed out of the box, but this isn't the case here... It also seems to say I could just use a usb to install it. The rockwell rep wants us to buy a flash card with factorytalk view me on it to install it.

So my question... what experience have you guys had getting ftme up and running on a panelview plus 6 1250.. can I install it with a usb?

cheers

turns out... this is a fault on rockwell's end. The data module has to be returned to have the software installed.

I have never heard of a PV+6 that didn't have FTView ME Runtime installed on it, and I'm trying to imagine what sort of manufacturing mishap would have to have happened for that to occur. I assume that RA builds off image files, and I know that they run a burn-in process on every single terminal that involves a FTView Runtime application (all the PV+6's I've bought came with FTView ME still pointing to the burn-in application).

To be clear: FactoryTalk View ME Runtime absolutely is included with the PV+6. There is no part number or option or ordering method that will buy you a PV+6 without it.

An ordinary firmware upgrade procedure will install any missing components, including FTView ME Runtime itself. You can download it from the RA firmware upgrade website and create an Upgrade SD card.

I do recommend using an SD card, though there is no compelling reason to use the RA one in an office environment. I buy those to maintain the vibration/temperature ratings of the terminal when I ship them.

Thanks for the reply Ken.

Yeah I also thought this was a strange thing to go wrong. I did install the firmware upgrade (6.0). This however, did not install factorytalk me station. I expected it to and so did rockwell support.

I dunno about you guys, but I do find it refreshing to get problems that have RA support hopping as well - sort of satisfies the "mean streak" in me.

The rockwell rep wants us to buy a flash card with factorytalk view me on it to install it.
There's a blank space here... where I tried to put a Devil smiley, but couldn't find one, :unsure:

Anyway, sounds like a one-off, and they should just replace the whole unit, and you're good to go