conversion trouble AB to readable PDF

chanal

had this converted but seem to be having trouble opening..?? could someone please explain how to go about viewing this on my computer screen......

or do i possibly need to have it converted again..

LOST IN SPACE!:confused::confused:

the conversion that was posted in your other thread opens OK on my system ... what version of Adobe Reader are you using? ...

anyway - here's another copy ... try this ...

THANKS! WORKED GREAT! Also, have another issue I need help with...

This is a conveyor with robot arm....simply put

conveyor starts
part arrives at center sensor
conveyor stops
robot arm picks up part
sits on workstation

PROCESS STOPS
AFTER HOLDING START BUTTON FOR 3 SECONDS
PROCESS RE-STARTS

robot picks up part
returns part to conveyor
conveyor moves till part is sensed at end and stops.

We are to write program WITHOUT using any type of sequencer...
My problem is that after push button is held down for 3 seconds all of the other outputs seem to collide and DRIVE ME CRAZY!
Any advice as to how to solve this?

Im new to programming and am very eager to conquer this so my program will seem more than "wordy"..

:geek:HELP HELP HELP HELP

Start part at right (beginning) of conveyor
Stop part (conveyor) at center sensor
Operate Pneumatic arm to:

A. Extend arm
B. Arm down & extend ended
C. Arm down, Extend & gripper closed
D. Arm up, Extend & gripper closed
E. Arm up and gripper closed
F. arm to left, arm up, gripper closed
G. arm left, arm down, gripper closed
H. arm left, arm down, gripper open
I. armleft, arm up (gripper open)
J. arm right, up and open

K. WAIT until start is held for 3 seconds
L. arm left, arm up, gripper open
M. arm left, arm down, gripper open
N. arm left, arm down, gripper closed
O. arm left, arm up, gripper closed
P. arm left, arm up, arm extended and gripper closed
Q. arm left, arm down, arm extended, gripper closed
R. arm left, down, extended, gripper open
S. arm left, up, ext, gripper open
T. arm left, up, no extension, gripper open
U. arm right, up, no ext, gripper open (HOME)
V. Start conveyor to left and stop converyor when part is at end sensor (left)

you should be posting this on the main Q and A board ... most folks aren't going to see your questions back here in the "practice" area ...

Some quick items that need fixing.
1. Rung 0 and rung 1 are duplicates.
2. In Lad 2 at the bottom, add 3 separate rungs for JSR, one each to Lad 3, Lad 4, and Lad 5.
Edit #1:
On second thought, since you said "no" Sequencers, maybe you should just remove Lad 3, 4 ,and 5.
Edit #2:
When using RTO type timers, you need to use the RES instruction to Reset them. Look up the RTO and RES instructions in the Instruction Help under the Help menu. TON type timers "might" be what you need instead of the RTO timers, it depends on the application.
Edit #3:
One last suggestion, you will need to add inputs and outputs to manually get the conveyor and all the arm devices into the starting position or "Home".

Last edited:
thanks....i was wondering why arm was not at home position after downloading

if i recall the last run showed machine error after push button was held down for 3 seconds....the arm started "triggering" very fast without going to its position

ALSO:
dont mean to sound totally "ignorant" but i have to ask this question....you stated to "maybe" just removed Lad 3, 4 and Lad 5..im confused because according to my screen at school im only usind Lad 2 (guess what im saying is only using 1 page?) not used Lad, 3, 4 or 5....

really don't know how or even why i would use them? JUST A NEWBIE IN TRAINING.... if im saying this wrong correct me...im listening...im learning

Last edited:
I and others are here to help, so, dont worry about how you ask questions. We have all been there.
We're going to need a little bit of history on the file you attached in post #4. Is it just an example to use as a model or something you have developed from square 1?
The reason I asked is that the program tree in LAD 3 and LAD 4 (on the left side of the screen) appears to have sequencer SQO instructions . You said "no sequencers", in post 4. Since the JSR rungs in LAD 2 are missing, LAD 3 and LAD 4 are not needed.
Rung 4 in LAD 2 has an output instruction B3:3/0. It appears that it is not used anywhere else in the program, therefore the entire rung is not needed.
It is not good practice to have extra LAD files doing nothing, or extra rungs doing nothing.
Post #6 is a good start on designing and building your program. As you define or add a step, it will help to write the rung(s) needed. Continue to add steps to better define how the program works.
I know this reply seems to ramble a bit but maybe it will help.

Last edited:
after reviewing converted file....i noticed what u were saying...however, could this be left over from another program?

they were not used in the actual program? NO SEQUENCERS ALLOWED.... really confused here....

what if you just leave those instructions out?

they must have been left over from something else?

just seen 3 pos sw in subs...definitely something left over....

could this leftover info be messing up program...

Can't see how it could since its output is not acutally being called upon....

TROUBLE IN PARADISE :)