RSLogic500

berrabbit5849

We have RSLogic500. We were told that we had to run Windows XP Pro for it to work. We upgraded our laptop from Home version to Pro. When I go to install the software it stops and says " must have nt sp4 to install this software" I have upgraded it to SP3. Any ideas? Is there a SP4 for XP Pro ?

RSLogix 500 is mis-identifying your OS; it's genuinely referring to Windows NT SP4.

The problem probably has to do with the upgrade from Home to Professional; that likely doesn't change the OS identifiers quite the way that RSLogix 500 expects.

What revision of RSLogix 500 are you trying to install ?

I cannot say what the problem is but I can confirm that I have XP Pro SP3 on my machine and RSLogix 500 works just fine. There may have been some issues while upgrading from Home to Pro. Do you have full admin privilege on the machine you are trying to install RSLogix 500 on?

I checked the Knowledgebase; Version 5.2 was the first revision to support installation on Windows XP and there is an article mentioning that exact error message when you attempt to install version 5.0 on XP.

Ideally, you're going to want to install the current revision of RSLogix 500, version 8.40. Version 5.0 is ten or eleven years out of date.