Factorytalk client issue

cjd1965

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a Fsctory talk server with six clients. Each client is Site Edition, local.

I was trying to backup a client but the base version of 4MB was like 1.2 gb and still growing using application manager.

I called rockwell technical who guessed correctly that the client trends (datalog) is stored in the project.

They told me to move the datalog to somewhere else, back up the project, reinstate the log files and reboot.

This has 'broken' the datalog and no trends work and i cannot open the datalog setup under factorytalk studio

So.....
Was this the correct thing to do and any ideas of a fix?

Sorry i dont know what u mean. I stopped the client, did the move using windows explorer, backed up the client with automation manager, restored the logs using windows explorer then restarted the client

You don't back up the clients on FactoryCrap. You only need to back up the client configuration file.

Oh, wait, you have SIX installations of FTView Standalone?

Use the "HMIBackupRestoreUtility" from Rockwell to do the backup, and check the box "Exclude Datalogs".

They probably still won't restore right if you copy them manually, FTView is the bottom of the barrel for HMI software.

Last edited: