timers

fishkeeper

Ive got a microsmart FC4A-C10R2 and im trying to do a simple timed operation but cant seem to get it figured out .Heres what im trying to do :

just before ---Part a--- goes into tank a sensor momentarily triggers one input and immediately one output needs to energize for 15 sec and then denergize and output two needs to come on immediately after output one denergizes and stay on for 15 sec , But if a another ---part a--- comes say five sec behind the first ---part a--- and triggers sensor I need the timer process to reset and start timing from start again except the second output needs to stay on and not denergize till the first ---part a--- exits the second output.I cant seem to get the second output right it goes off when the second part triggers the sensor .

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks , Bobby

Zip and attach your file of what you already have. Maybe I can help if you are using WindLDR software. I would think some parallel timing would work. Add some 2nd timer logic if the 1st timer logic hasn't finished and so forth.

Attached is my first attempt to do what you described, untested and might be totally wrong. Use this information only as a suggestion, not a real working program. Suggestions and corrections welcomed.

Attempt #2. I re-wrote the logic with LogixPro to test some simulations. There are probably still some errors so all suggestions and corrections are welcome. Dont use this as real working program. Informational use only.
Attached is the .pdf and zipped .rsl files.

thats almost it .Im still working on it as well but still have not figured it out.
Thanks for your help jrwb4gbm :geek:

Bobby

In this program I/0 is held high until sensor momentarily takes it low .Then Q/0 goes off for 15 seconds then when Q/0 comes back on Q/1 goes off for 15 seconds then comes back on .

The thing is if Q/0 is triggered say 5 seconds after its first triggered Q/1 gets reset and doesn't come on and therefor doesn't do its cycle ,but it needs to. :oops:new to plcs,

View attachment timers.zip

Last edited: