IGSS simulation

Hello,

i have created a screen in IGSS containing graphs. i would like to put a simulated signal onto the graph to test it. can anyone tell me if there is any signals within IGSS that i could used to simulate the graph. a varying signal such as a sinusoid would be perfect

thanks

Hello,

i have created a screen in IGSS containing graphs. i would like to put a simulated signal onto the graph to test it. can anyone tell me if there is any signals within IGSS that i could used to simulate the graph. a varying signal such as a sinusoid would be perfect

thanks

You can start IGSS in simulation mode. Look in the confiburation/startup tab. You will have to assign the simulated values to a tag by hand. If I remember right (no IGSS on this PC), the simulation file is composed by iteratively; a waiting time and a value assigned to a tag.

Or, another way (no change to simulation mode this time):
You can define an analog tag with 'local' IO mapping and put it on a diagram. Start runtime, select the tag, select graph/online, write and watch.

Kalle

hello,

i dont really understand

if i have created a screen and put the system configuration in simulation mode, in the object browser there area only 15 digital signals and 1 analog signal. there do not vary enough. can i define a new tag that varies within IGSS? i do not have any external simulator

if i define a new objct with "local" then where is the signal coming from i.e. how do i define the varying value?

thanks