Trouble configuring DigiOne IAP with SLC 5/03

rguimond

Lifetime Supporting Member
Like the title says, I'm having trouble.

Right now, I have a SLC 5/03 in a rack and downloaded an empty program to it through the DF1 port. Communications settings for CH0 are DF1 Full-Duplex, 1200 baud, no parity, 1 stop bit, CRC error detection.

The IAP is configured as DF1 Full-Duplex Serial master (I tried Slave, too), 1200 baud, no parity, 1 stop bit, CRC checksum.

RSlinx can see the IAP, which has been assigned an IP address of 192.168.9.29 using AB_ETH-1 driver and it shows up as Digi One IAP with a status of "Self-Test". No Serial Port traffic is evident, although the RTS and DTR indicators are illuminated.

I've tried many different parameters with no success. Any suggestions?

I have found it easiest to use the Digi configuration wizard when setting it up from scratch. But, I normally copy the configuration from an exisiting application and edit any parameters that are different, so it has been a few years since I set up a Digi from scratch.

It seems that there is something that needs to be set or ticked in one of the other areas of the set up web page, but I can't recall right now what it is. Something to the effect of allowing bridging or passthrough....[searching]

EDIT: Look here:
http://ftp1.digi.com/support/documentation/90000636_a_doiap_ra_bridge.pdf