SLC 500 Fixed Controller L20 Fault

gusterminator

I'm getting a fault as soon as I put the controller in run. When I go to go to error the plc is saying the problem is
Major error halt S:1/13 = 1
Under description
The module in slot 0, which is required for the user program is detected as being the wrong type.

I have no moduals in Slot 0 or slot one.

Thanks for any help solving this.

just guessing - but maybe this is a "trainer" unit that you got from ebay (etc.) and it already has an existing program in it - which requires a module ... since the module isn't there anymore, the processor is faulting ...

if so, make a NEW program and download it to the processor ...

if not, tell us more - or better yet post the RSS program file ... you'll have to zip it first - forum rule ...

The fault is a flashing fault. It only comes on when I try and run the program. Here is the RSS file I am trying to use. It has no programming on it I was just trying to start from scratch...but couldn't get the fault to leave.

Ah, I am not familiar with the bricks. Used to seeing a CPU in that slot.

Thanks.
Yes, I remember the first time I opened a program for one we have here and saw I:0/2 and O:0/1, and I scratched my head for a minute, "How can we have an input in slot 0? AND and output?!?". Then, I looked at the controller type, and downloaded some manuals for it.