Touchscreen

Mark Buskell

Is there a distance that you can remote mount a industrial touchscreen monitor from the desktop computer. I have used a splitter before for mounting the monitor remotely (100 meters), but what about the touchscreen part of it. I know the touchscreen acts like a mouse so I am asking do they make a splitter that supports both the monitor and a touchscreen.

Hi!dear
some 2- 3 points are not working in Touch screen of Model HMI E410, can you suggest

(Zombie Thread Alert)
First, try cleaning it thoroughly. I don't know if that is an LED touch array, resistive, or capacitive, but if it's LED, clean the edges.

Then try recalibrating, see here.

If that fails, just replace it.

This is LCD backligt display monocrohm touch screen and its Pen is shifted which needs to calibrate, pls suggest how we do it.

thanks & regards,

JG
(Zombie Thread Alert)
First, try cleaning it thoroughly. I don't know if that is an LED touch array, resistive, or capacitive, but if it's LED, clean the edges.

Then try recalibrating, see here.

If that fails, just replace it.

My word... a 2004 thread re-animated. That's got to be one of the oldest I've seen brought back to life.

I seem to remember another thread posted by Moses around the same time asking for help fitting a brand new S5 PLC to control the rudders on his ark... ;-)

I don't know what's funnier, the Zombie thread alert, or Moses and the Ark.
Everyone knows Noah was an AB guy.

This is LCD backligt display monocrohm touch screen and its Pen is shifted which needs to calibrate, pls suggest how we do it.

thanks & regards,

JG

You can recalibrate the screen by rebooting it and then choosing 'control panel' from the menu that pops up (you'll need to be quick to stop it booting into the project).

Somewhere in there will be the recalibrate option. It might be under "OP" or similar if memory serves me.

problem is solved now..... there was a problem of touch screen calibration (pen calibration). In e410 HMI there is one slector switch at right hand side of HMI in back.... will keep it at point no.2 to touch calibration.

thanks

JG

You can recalibrate the screen by rebooting it and then choosing 'control panel' from the menu that pops up (you'll need to be quick to stop it booting into the project).

Somewhere in there will be the recalibrate option. It might be under "OP" or similar if memory serves me.