IGSS object creation

Hello,

i am trying to visualise a frequency measurment on IGSS. the plc i am using is a Siemens S7-1200 in which i have designed a HSC.

I am trying to bring these signals into the IGSS system. Currently i am using driver 78. i can ping the PLC from the PC but cant seem to access the signals on the PLC. can anyone tell me how to access the signals on the PLC or where to look for them. I am trying to use dthe object creation wizard but can never seem to access the signals

regards

Brendan

Hello,

i am trying to visualise a frequency measurment on IGSS. the plc i am using is a Siemens S7-1200 in which i have designed a HSC.

I am trying to bring these signals into the IGSS system. Currently i am using driver 78. i can ping the PLC from the PC but cant seem to access the signals on the PLC. can anyone tell me how to access the signals on the PLC or where to look for them. I am trying to use dthe object creation wizard but can never seem to access the signals

regards

Brendan

Hi!

I havent tried to connect a 1200 to IGSS, but I'm pretty sure it can be done the same way.

This is a S7300 clone from Berthel that one of the lads here are playing with. It has built-in Ethernet port, and supports S7 protocol. Of course I use the net port on the PC aswell. I use driver 72, SEVENTY TWO!

Here are snapshots from the system configuration.

101_sysconf1.jpg 102_sysconf2.jpg 103_sysconf3.jpg 104_sysconf4.jpg

thanks very much. you certainly have helped me. so do i create the object with the object wizard? and i don't need driver specific addressing to find the counter?

and i don't need driver specific addressing to find the counter?

I don't understand your question. Were the snapshots not readable?

In the snapshots you can see that the driver is specified, the node is specified, and the ID1000 ditto and also the format (this is a bit strange, study it and copy it). You should check all the snapshots carefully, if you copy it all (but use your own IPs) it should be playing OK.

But:
- If you look at the snapshot 104_..., there might be an other CPU slot defined for the 1200.
Try 0,1,2 or 3.

- If you cannot read the ID1000 as I have suggested, copy it (in the 1200) by moving it into a spare MD, f.x. MD1000, and change the IGSS object mapping accordingly.

- And, a nice thing:
In the IGSS manager, you'll find a tab where you can diagnostizise the driver status and see the telegrams running.
(There's no IGSS on this PC, so I cannot show it).

Kalle

Ad object wizzard: Do my exersize first, then you can try with the wizz.

Last edited:
I will try and create the object this week got some exams at the moment. You create the object as a "bar display" in one of the snap shots. i want the object to be displayed on a graph and active x gauge. can i still used the signal to be displayed on these?

Also is the "show" in front of showID1000 an important command word used to access a signal on the PLC? if i wanted to access another signal do i have to type "show in front of the signal name?

I will try and create the object this week got some exams at the moment. You create the object as a "bar display" in one of the snap shots. i want the object to be displayed on a graph and active x gauge. can i still used the signal to be displayed on these?

An existing tag can be linked to different display types. I don't think all types are interchangeable though.

Also is the "show" in front of showID1000 an important command word used to access a signal on the PLC? if i wanted to access another signal do i have to type "show in front of the signal name?

No, the "showID1000" is no command, it's just a tagname. Change it to "Kalle" if you prefer that
icon12.gif

Kalle

But at what point do you actually specify where the the signal is in the PLC.

how do you tell IGSS exactly where to look for the actual signal (i.e. its actual address in the PLC)? for example how do i tell IGSS to look for a signal in the S7 that is located in VW2000?

Also could you tell me where you locate the tool that shows you the packets of information travelling between the PLC and PC

But at what point do you actually specify where the the signal is in the PLC.

In the mapping tab

how do you tell IGSS exactly where to look for the actual signal (i.e. its actual address in the PLC)?

In the mapping, please specify exactly what you don't catch in the mapping tab.

for example how do i tell IGSS to look for a signal in the S7 that is located in VW2000?

VW? Don't know the acronym. Volkswagen? :D
If this is related to the S7-200 range, I must pass. If you cannot find the VW, a qualified guess would be MW2000 or DB1, DBW2000.

Also could you tell me where you locate the tool that shows you the packets of information travelling between the PLC and PC

Did you really look for it, but couldn't find it?
It's appx under tab no 3 in IGSS master menu (I'm still on a PC without IGSS).

I have a strange feeling that you don't put much effort into trying the suggestions that you get, am I correct?

Kalle

but in the mapping tab snap show you have havent typed any adreess you just have input selected in the data area and addressing as a 16 bit word?? I don't see ID1000 anywhere, there is an IW1000 but this greyed out. how can IGSS know where to locate the signal if you haven't specified the exact location?

VW means variable word

No i put a lot of work into the suggestions i get. I have already installed IGSS developed a Display, Created local objects that i have used to test the display, developed a HSC in the S7 - 1200 that is physically counting pulses as we speek. I have set up a the network between the PLC and IGSS, I can ping the PLC from the Computer. I am just at the point of viewing the signal from the counter on the SCADA screen. and i have managed to do all this in just over 3 weeks on my own.

I am doing my final semester 5 exams over this week and next week so i wont get much of a chance to try out the suggestions at this time. therefore i am trying to get as much information as possible when i can in case i cant get in contact with experienced people when i start working of IGSS again.

but in the mapping tab snap show you have havent typed any adreess you just have input selected in the data area and addressing as a 16 bit word?? I don't see ID1000 anywhere, there is an IW1000 but this greyed out. how can IGSS know where to locate the signal if you haven't specified the exact location?

VW means variable word

No i put a lot of work into the suggestions i get. I have already installed IGSS developed a Display, Created local objects that i have used to test the display, developed a HSC in the S7 - 1200 that is physically counting pulses as we speek. I have set up a the network between the PLC and IGSS, I can ping the PLC from the Computer. I am just at the point of viewing the signal from the counter on the SCADA screen. and i have managed to do all this in just over 3 weeks on my own.

I am doing my final semester 5 exams over this week and next week so i wont get much of a chance to try out the suggestions at this time. therefore i am trying to get as much information as possible when i can in case i cant get in contact with experienced people when i start working of IGSS again.

Okay, sorry!

First clearify exactly which variable you want to read. If it is a VW, it does not exist in S7 300/400 or (with a grain of salt) 1200.

Kalle

I want to read four speed signals

ID1000
ID2000
ID3000
ID4000

i only have one counting at the moment called ID1000. the signals are from

HSC_1
HSC_2
HSC_3
HSC_4

I may have to multiply the signals by a fator of a thousand so i was thinking of putting a multiply block in parallel with the pulse per second signal and then moving the word to a memory block such as VW1000 or WD1000 or whatever and accessing that conditioned signal to IGSS.

I didn't expect, or more correct; I doubt, that the 1200 has got variables called VW.

I suggest that you try to create an IGSS object and map it with the address of MD1000 (similar to my example, except M instead of I). Then in TIA, you open the variables table (don't remember the correct name) and type in MD1000.
Now you can assign different values and check that they appear correctly on the IGSS. If this works, then you see a light through the tunnel. The first bit transmitted is worth a cup of coffee with some irish whiskey in it (in my area we call it a 'karsk').
Then in TIA, assign the ID1000 to the input of a MUL block and assign MD1000 to the output.

Kalle