V19.11 and Motion.

Austin79

Hi All,

I've recently upgraded a system from a L62 series processor using v16.20 to a L74 processor using V19.11.
The processor has two sercos modules controlling 24 servo axis.
I'm currently experiencing random E19 follow faults, on the same number of servo axis, 4 in total.
I've ran trends on the Postion error vs actual velocity attributes, and generally the error is +/-2.5 mm at around 1500mm/s.
To prevent line stoppages I've increased the running position error tolerance, but this seems excessive. (6mm to 10mm)
I've tried a re-tune on one axis but this has not helped.
Are there any known issues with V19.11 and motion?
Or is the improved performance highlighting previous issues?

Hi Peter,

I flashed the sercos cards to 19.6 which was only firmware available. On the front of dialogue box is 19.1 but module info tab is 19.6
There are two sercos module cards 1756-M16SE.
The axis which had been showing E19 errors are on the same sercos card.
They are the same module type 2094 BMP5 with rev 1.96. All appears to be in a matched state.

Thanks Dave.