How to use Ethernet to connect with many SLC500 PLC system?

Shawn

Hi All Masters,

I have:

A SLC 5/01 PLC systerm With 3 I/O modules
A SLC 5/02 PLC systerm with 3 I/O Modules
A Ethernet Workgroup Hub
A Computer with RSlovix 500 and Rsview32 installed, OS of computer is Windows 2000 Server Family

I hope I can use my Rsview32 project to talk with My two PLC system. What should I do?

Your any advice is very appriciated.

Thanks

Shawn

Shawn,

I am no expert or master but I think you could use the 1761-NET-ENI. Hook one to each PLC and plug into your ethernet. There is some config. but these units are fairly easy to use.

Bob

Thanks Bob.

I have no any exp. on network. Although I have exp. on PLC, but all of them are individual PLC systems.

Thanks again.

Shawn

Wait a minute - the 1769-NET-ENI is for converting Ethernet to DF1 protocol. The two PLCs mentioned only support DH485.

To connect to the two PLCs over DH485 there are several options.
For a USB port on the PC: 1747-UIC
For a PCI slot in the PC: 1784-PKTX
For each SLC: 1761-NET-AIC
maybe there are more options.

You are welcome Bob :)

Shawn, maybe the 1747-AIC is more correct for connecting the SLCs (in stead of the 1761-NET-AIC). I am not an expert on DH485 so do your own research.

And, stay away from the 1747-PIC. It is more trouble than you need (judging from the number of posts on this forum about this device).