How to simulate 2 cpu using Step7 plcsim

google08

How to simulate 2 cpu using Step7 plcsim

i tried with no success

i followed this guide here

http://support.automation.siemens.c...lib.csinfo&lang=en&objid=38726592&caller=view

but got stuck at For the second CPU to be simulated, you select the interface parameterization (PG/PC interface) configured in the hardware configuration

i use MPI

Master cpu is MPI 2
Slave cpu is MPI3

i cant find download block to plcsim 2

Last edited:
Start one instance of PLCSIM, either from STEP7 manager, or from the Windows Start menu. Download the program from one CPU.

Start another instance of PLCSIM, this time from the Windows Start menu (SIMATIC ... STEP7 ... S7-PLCSIM). Download the program from the other CPU.

At least when I do it, it seems that STEP7 cleverly figures out that the last opened instance of PLCSIM is the one you want to download to.

In case anyone comes across this post who is having a similar issue:

My error was that the MPI address for my two CPU's were the same, once i changed that the PLCSim would not overwrite but rather download to the next open PLCSim.