PLC-5 1771-QC servo card

pimpim32

Hi.

I have a customer with a PLC-5/25 fitted with a servo module 1771-QC.
He is using a servo with a converter from resolver to quadrature AB
1771-ES expander is set for High-True and Single Ended A,B and Marker(Z).
I have changed existing servo with a Kinetix3 giving info to 1771-ES through buffered encoder.
The problem is that the axis enters in fault with my card.
Looks like if I cancel Z there are not anymore faults.( meaning I changed from single ended to differential and disconnected Z and not Z from connectors)

Q: How it is used Z by 1771-QC? What are drawbacks as to cancel it? Where I can see in RSLogix5 if Z is used anywhere?

Regards
Marian

Similar Topics

A question was sent via PM this morning from a new member (Vince9521, from up in Timmins, Ontario) that I'm promoting to the main forum:
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, Trying to bench test the I/O on a program that I converted from a PLC-5 processor to a ControlLogix processor but still using the...
Replies
Views
These two RTD's are wired to channels 1 and 2 on a 1771-IR in a remote rack, communicating to a PLC-5/40 through an ASB. I believe that the RTD's...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am in the process of migrating a PLC-5 system over to ControlLogix and could not find any equivalent modules to convert the 1771-ALX...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am trying to create a network status map at a plant. I'm assuming the comm status bit of dnet nodes is in the BTR/BTW instruction that...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom