Communication between 2 5/05's and a PC...

M_Fehervari

I got my previous project done via a "heartbeat" signal from the PV's printer port...

But that got me thinking, what if I needed to expand the project at a later date?

What would I need to have a network of 2 ( maybe 3 later on ) SLC 5/05's and a PC?

I would have a VB application running on the PC... I would like to have ethernet for network...

Would the solution be RSLinx OEM?

And where can I get basic info ( for beginners ) about OPC stuff?

Oh, and one more question...

What do I need if I want to use the PC as a "gateway" to the rest of the network ( all the office PC's ). Not for all the other PC's to access the PLC's directly, but to access the data collected by the single PC that has access to the PLC's...

Does anyone have a simple diagram of a system like this?

I don't know much about networking on ethernet... help me out...

Thanks in advance!