1734-IR2 point I/O Configuration

Adam303

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi Guys I have few questions regarding a setup of a RTD input module 1734-IR2, the module is in a Point I/O rack with a Ethernet Adapter 1734-AENT.I'm using a 100Ohm Pt385 Rtd with a temperature range -328 to 1166 Fahrenheit I'm only using Channel 0. CPU 1769-L35E
The set up in the Configuration tab of the 1734-IR2 module Is as followed
*Sensor Type: 100 ohm Pt385
*Temperature Units: Fahrenheit
*High Engineering: 5000
*Low Engineering: 1000
*Digital Filter (ms): 0
Q1: There is no scaling input window for both the 0 and 1 channels. Will the scaling be done by the controller based on the values given in the configuration window of the 1734-IR2, sensor type, temperature units high/low engineering? Or will I have to scale the raw input data?
Thank You for all the help.

The 1734-IR2 User Manual (available at RockwellAutomation.com) shows that the IR2 TC & RTD Module has different configurations for each channel. The 0 and 1 channels are clearly shown with different settings in this User Manual, different types of RDT, differnt Low and High Scaling Endpoints. See page 39 for configuration using RSNetWorx.

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/intradoc-cgi/nph-idc_cgi.exe

Last edited: