micrologix with panelview plus

Narlin

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have been using Ethernet IP for communication between PanelView Plus 600 and ML-1100. Some of the analog OIT updates are very slow. I can see the PLC recognize changes immediately (using RSLogix 500 online) but the PanelView gets around to it at least a second or two later. Is this normal behavior for this PanelView? I have already changed the cycle time from 1 sec down to its lowest value of 0.05 seconds. That helped with screen change times, but didn't really change the analog update time.

narlin

Are you using an HMI Database Tag, or are you using a Direct Reference to the data table element ?

HMI Database Tags generally get processed at a 1 second rate, but Direct References get processed at the Display Update Rate.

Ken, i don't know that answer. I will look into it first thing in the morning. Meanwhile, can you clue me in as to how to tell the difference? I am pretty sure that i didn't even know there were 2 types.