RSLogix 5000/Siemens S7 emulator

smudgy67

Supporting Member
Hey,

Is there anyone who can point me in the right direction on how to obtain these please.

Need to get round my head these platforms pdq.

Any help would be grateful :)

This forum is not used to discuss piracy so the answer of "buy it" is correct. After all you will be making money when you are using it for a job.

Ok, so how can I use an emulator for a job?

Been out of the PLC game for 4 years, prior to this GSK as a Controls Engineer for almost 20 years until the fateful lay off.
Last platforms used AB PLC2/PLC5 & SLC500.
Updated all electrical qualifications including Solar PV Installations since, done the latter for 6 months, battered and bruised from it and now loosing job as UK Gov slashed FIT tariff to more than 50%.
Had 3 interviews in the last 3 weeks and because I didn't have the said experience using ControlLogix/S7 I was rejected for such posts as they were to pushed to provide training.

So yes, I will be earning from it... in the future, though I need it now to find the job... in the present and I want to leave Solar PV... in the past!

Be glad to pay for it if it didn't cost a packet when your loosing your job just before Christmas!

I can sympathize with your dilemma. Not a lot that I can add regarding the Siemens flavor of things, but if you do a Google search for "RSLogix5000 emulator simulator" it returns a pretty good mix of information for the Rockwell Automation side of things.

Bobby

I use the logix 500 emulator, but you will need the programming software and rslinx as well. they work together to simulate the plc operations.

the logix 5000 package should work the same, i haven't loaded it yet.

regards,
james

Cheap is not a word that is in the vocabulary of either Rockwell or Siemens.

If you want to learn either package if you give your local reps a call, in my experience they will help you out and give you a temporary license for a month or so but I'm afraid if you want the software you will have to pay.

Mark

Thank you for the help dudes, it's much appreciated.

It's funny, out the 3 failed interviews, one wanted S7, the other CL and the third both skill sets.

Have downloaded the free ML, thank you. I have some old SLC files, shame it doesn't open those, could rekindle some of that lost code. I guess I'll have to find a helpful rep and see what they can sort out.