FactoryTalk View error

s.jeanne

Hi everyone, I have a little problem with a new FTView SE installation.

Version : 6.10 (with last patch)

When the application start i always have the message : "Failed to load data server RNA://$global/<Application name>/<HMI server name> result=0x8007274d"

It seems that it's impossible to read/write the HMI database tags values

The host server (Dell T310) is running W2008 standard (up to date).
The same application is running perfectly on my laptop running w2008 (sp2 out of the box) under vmware

hope someone have an idea
thx
Stef

What is the client computer's OS? And do you have all and exactly the same FactoryTrash patches on the client computer as the server?

That error in View can mean almost anything, from corrupt Internet Explorer cache to Windows "Simple File Sharing" being enabled, to Firewall/COM+/DCOM permissions issues.

If you have any kind of Rockwell support, get on the phone to them and bother them about it. You may get a resolution, or you may be told to format the computer, and re-install everything. Note, that when installing FactoryTrash, it is vital to install FTView FIRST, before any Windows updates, or .Net packages. Once it is installed, then go ahead and do updates.

I didn't know there was a software called factorytrash? LOL Learn something new everyday.

Also it sounds like the sequel server database is not correct and the HMI can't find the data tags.

I didn't know there was a software called factorytrash?
Yes, aka FactoryBalk, aka FactoryBalk Puke Stupido, (I use the why-ME version to pray-gram the PlanALittleWaitBeforeYouView Plus)

I also affectionately refer to it as "Registry Grenade".

On a more sincere note, look at the Factory Talk Diagnostics logs. I have solved more than one FTView issue that way.

Last edited:
Thanks for your help

In fact when I reboot the server, (Alarm & Event and the HMI server starts with the system as I have to use redundancy)
I can read in the event viewer that A&E can't read/write on the hmi db (the hmi server status remain "starting").

I will make further test Monday as It seems to me that when A&E don't start with the system, I don't have the problem.

I agree with the "Registry Grenade", on development stations,we used it only on vmware as it's more fast to reinstall.

Last edited:
Thanks for your help

In fact when I reboot the server, (Alarm & Event and the HMI server starts with the system as I have to use redundancy)
I can read in the event viewer that A&E can't read/write on the hmi db (the hmi server status remain "starting").

I will make further test Monday as It seems to me that when A&E don't start with the system, I don't have the problem.

I agree with the "Registry Grenade", on development stations,we used it only on vmware as it's more fast to reinstall.

Yikes, we tried to use redundancy in version 4, 5, 5.1, finally deciding it was never going to work as advertised, and then we went to FTView SE Stations (standalone), that way when a system starts balking, at least it is limited to 1/3 of our plant shutting down, instead of the whole operation.

Are you certain that redundancy actually works in the new versions? Are you able to test failover conditions?

The problem come effectively when A&E start with the system.
That's mean that it's impossible to set up redundancy for this feature.

Actually we use RsView32 but it don't work under seven.
As we already have something like 12 HMI, and each one access many plc. That's mean that some of my plcs are running out of available connections. This is why I went to FTView SE.

Whatever the OS I use : server 2008 SP2, 2008R2 the problem is the same.

I will test the HMI redundancy later but I thinks it may work.

let you know.