siemens systems layout for oilfield location

ndrghrdr

I want to take a siemens 1200 plc and hook up probes via a 485 connection to the plc. I, however, am having problems with trying to program it. I want to try and get rid of the remote terminal unit and have the plc do the measurements of how much is oil is in a tank with a probe hooked up to it. any help would be appreciated

ndrghrdr

is there some explosive area issues here?
what type of probes?
how are they connected to the plc
RS485 - ok - that is the comm's format

Similar Topics

Dears i need help to Optimizing drive systems for energy savings how can i decrease torque in order to decrease current? i have 6RA7075 simo-reg...
Replies
Views
I am fairly new at the programming world, but have begun to get a pretty solid understand of PLC's and its familiar Ladder Logic language. Anyways...
Replies
Views
I'm getting ready to replace 20 axis system. Getting rid of Siemens 6RA24 DC drives and going AC. This system controls a continuous web and has...
Replies
Views
I have done queue systems before on SLC's but for some reason i am really struggling doing the same in siemens step 7. What i am trying to do is...
Replies
Views
I have established an online connection to a machine using an S314 processor. I am using an mpi connector and simatic manager. The online...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom