PLC5/20 Communication

rcflyer91

Good Morning,
I am having difficulty getting online with an old PLC5/20 in a piece of equipment from a sister plant. It has been a long time since I have worked with one of these.

OS XP Pro SP3
RSLinx Classic Pro 2.57.00.14 CPR 9 SR 3
PCMK B card
1784-PCM5/B cable with adapter
Driver in RSLinx PCMK
Network DH+
Station name RSLinx
Station Number 0 (I have tried others in case the PLC or HMI were setup as 0)
DH+ Speed Tried both 57.6K and 230.4K

I have used this card recently and it worked fine to communicate with a SLC500 and the cable has worked with a PLC5 in the past.

Any assistance/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

So you setup a "1784-PKTX(D)/PCMK for DH+/DH485 devices" in RSLinx.
And set the device type parameter to "PCMK".
Does this driver report "RUNNING" in RSLinx ?
If so, can you browse in RSWho ?

or try going through the serial port with a null-modem cable and the DF1 driver ... maybe the Autoconfigure button will work for you ...

Thank you JesperMC and Ron for your assistance. I was not able to connect to a 5/04 either. Cycled power on my PC (for the 4th time) fired up RSLinx and it started chatting with the 5/04 right away went back to the PLC5 and worked like a charm. Go figure.

Thanks again!