D4-450 AD questions

arkyny

The issue is, in the always active stage, i want to program a preset for a timer by using the internal contacts from the HMI. I use the V-memory point with LD and then OUT to the timer preset address, however, it does not change the preset value in the timer. The addressing is an issue because there is an address for preset and current value. Any suggestions?:eek:

The timer must first, in the program, be defined with a variable preset. The preset must be from a V register. After that you can modify the V register to modify the preset. If the preset is defined as a 'K' value then that value alone is the preset until the program is modified offline and re-downloaded. Use 'K' presets only when you are sure that the preset shown does not need to be modified at all.

Thanks PLC Guy, in my code, i put an "always active stage" at the end of the program. Would having the logic at the end of the program not be read, although it is the always active stage? Example. I use LD k40 then OUT vmem address for the timer, supposedly the preset address, but it does not load, or am I maybe using the wrong address? I have worked with the AD plc for about 1.5 years and like them but this is my first rll plus experience.

Is it possible that your difficulty is in entering the OUT instruction to the V memory? If so, after typing 'OUT' then ENTER press the '/' key. This will change the OUT command from the form which affects a single bit to the one which sends the accumulator contents to a V memory. (Unfortunately both of these very distinct commands are named 'OUT' leading to this confusion.)

Example. I use LD k40 then OUT vmem address for the timer, supposedly the preset address, but it does not load, or am I maybe using the wrong address?
"Maybe using the wrong address". The Preset Address for a timer is not the same as the Timer Accumulated Value address (which is probably where you are sendig K40).