ControlLogix DeviceNet

Tim

Seems to be a lot of questions lately on this topic, but I need a little help.
I have two 1756-DNB modules in a ControlLogix chassis. I was using RSNetworxs for DeviceNet the other day to look at the layout on a particular system. I went to a DNB module that was installed in slot 8 and uploaded the configuration. I did a click on the 1756-DNB scanner module to look at the properties of this module. I noticed that on the module tab the scanner was configured for slot 1.

I looked at the input and output tabs for all the devices and the mapping addresses start with 1:I.Data[0]. I understand that the one means that the scanner is installed at slot 1 on the control logix chassis. This is where I'm confused because there is no scanner module at this slot. I looked at the tags for this module in RsLogix 5000 and they started out with 8 which is the correct slot for this module. I'm just wondering how the inputs and outputs are getting mapped correctly. I just might be missing something here. I'm going to study this a little more, so please forgive me for any ignorance.
PS. I have attached an image off of the manual, just in case I'm confusing anyone. It might be too small though.
Tim

devicenet.jpg

The slot number of the 1756-DNB in RSNetworx is strictly for labeling purposes in RSNetworx for DeviceNet. The software does not read what slot the 1756-DNB is in; the user has to type it in. It doesn't matter if it's correct or not.

That's true for whatever scanner type you have; 1747, 1771, or 1756.

Go ahead and change the slot number to 8 and the data will be labeled correctly.

In RSLogix 5000, the slot number is definitely tied to the data label, so you must correctly configure the 1756-DNB in the intended slot.