PLC videos

rocker

Hi,

Are the PLC videos available on DVD ot CDs.
Also, is PLC programming related to assembly programming or similar programming packages.

Hi Rocker,

Can you be a little more specific about your PLC video question. For your second question, with a little bit of emagination perhaps.

Rudi

Rudi

I think Rocker's first question was aimed at Phil.

He might have been asking about ANY PLC videos/DVD's
Maybe he is after a more specific PLC video, something, shall we say, that caters for the more 'exclusive' market?

Something along the lines of :-

"Siemens Does Dallas"
"ABB Farm"

Paul

rocker said:
Hi,

If you mean the training video series from here:
http://www.plcs.net/video.shtml
the answer is 'not yet'. Currently only vhs video tapes. BUT DVD's are at the duplication vendor and should be available by the end of this week or early next week. Both NTSC and PAL formats will be offered.

Also, is PLC programming related to assembly programming or similar programming packages.

PLC programming reminds me A LOT of assembler programming. But only if you choose mnemonic format(for some strange reason... like only a handheld programmer available or some other self-torture...). PUSHing and POPping data off the stack(accumulator) in particular gives me assembler flashbacks. But Ladder Logic hides all that(well a lot of it...) and that's why it becomes easy-ER when you learn the basics.

If you know assembler then you'll learn quickly. You'll learn it 10 times quicker than you did assembler. But practice, practice, practice is still the best advice.

Enjoy,

rocker said:
Hi,

Are you looking for HOT PLC-on-PLC action? ;)
Sorry... I've been up late programming.

I think similar is the word. Ladder logic is a pretty low-level language (or seems to be anyway). In fact, you can call up your program code in a format that looks very "assembly-like" in most of the programming packages that I'm familiar with. To me, ladder feels like a graphical version of assembly language.

AK