RS Logix 500 ethernet

TakiGRE

This is the first time I am sending information via Ethernet to another PLC (SLC 500) from a Micrologix 1500 using RS Logix 500 version 7. Does anyone know of a manual or guide that can give me some basic programming examples.

Thank you.

I assume you mean you will be messaging data from one PLC to another via ethernet? I would suggest doing message reads from the PLC that needs data from the other.

thank you from your reply.

Basically i want to send simple information such as, "Motor 1 ON". That would be an output. Can I use that same output bit to send a message? If yes, what would I put in my MSG instruction.

Yes it would be set up in the message instruction. widelto attached files but it would look like this picture. This message is reading 24 words from address N20:10 in the target device and storing them in N20:20 of the controller where the message resides.

message.JPG

Last edited:
B11:0 is the word i´m sending to the ML1500 from the 5/05. If you need just a bit then modify any bit of that word with the bit you mentioned before "motor 1 on", then decide when you send that msg to the other plc. control word has to a different word from the rest.

Widelto, and Junkerjorg I cant thank you enough for the quick feedback and help. I will get going on this and see how it works out. I hope I will be able to return the favor sometime in the future.

you mentioned just a single bit, now if you want to send 24 words is up to you, but if you do not need to send 24 words just change the number to 1 and that´s all. Modify that word as i explained before.