Data from Emulator to PC App

If you have a licensed version of RSLinx, you can use DDE/OPC and some VBA code in excel to "ddepoke" data from excel into the PLC, for example, when a Command Button is pressed. There are examples in the RSLinx Help file (seach the help file for "excel").

Also, there are excellent examples over at MrPLC.com

First, what version of RSLinx do you have?

Thank you OkiePC.

Firstly it's the RSLinx Classic version.
Will go to MrPLC.com and look there, thanks for the advice.

Oklahoma's a nice place, have a mate who comes from Broken Arrow.

Which Vista and RSLinx Classic revisions are you using?
Is RSLinx Classic a licensed copy?
The reason both OkiePC and myself are asking the latter question is that RSLinx Classic Lite edition, freely available, does not have Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE) capabilities.
You will have to purchase a copy of RSLinx Classic (the most cost effective one being RSLinx Classic Single-Node- AB Cat.No.9355-WABSNENE Currently available for $ 499.95) in order to be able to create and use DDE topics.

Last edited:
Now see the downfall with the Classic Lite. Unfortunately just lost job and $ 499.95 is out the question at present.
Thank you for all your help though.
Emulator's doing it stuff anyway, only wish I could load my SLC500 files into it; would save alot of time as opposed to recoding. Any ideas to make this possible?

RSLinx Classic 2.57 is fully supported within your OS, however, it looks like you will have to buy at least one RSLinx Classic Single-Node activation in order to be able to connect your Emulator to a spreadsheed using the DDE feature.
My previous post lists the Cat.No. and the currently web posted price. Usually, the local AB/RA distributors will offer you a discount though, sometimes 20-25% less than the list price.

It looks like my latest post overlapped your last one.
Sorry about your situation...And yes, AB/RA prices are outrageous...Hang in there...It goes the other way too...

As for your Emulator, after proper configuration, you should be able to establish a RSLogix 500 online connection using Linx Lite and a Configured SLC 500(DH485)Emulator Driver.
When the connection is established you should be able to download any RSLogix 500 project to the Emulator CPU and test your code.

That's ok, sure a job'll come up soon.

The emulator returned an error when I tried to open it. It's the RSLogix Micro Starter Lite version.

If I win the lottery, I'll get all the overly priced packages, lol.

Thanks for your help :)