S5 Time to Wonderware Problem

ry_fern

Hi guys,

Good day!

I am facing with a problem regarding s5timers. Here is the situation.

The operator should have the ability to input 0-60 sec. in Wonderware.
The data type of the S5Timer we configured at Wonderware is I/O integer, item name is DB96, W2BCD which is same as the address in the PLC.

We are not allowed to edit any part of the PLC program. They just gave us a backup of the program and from there, we used it as a reference for addressing.

Using the existing Simatic Panel, we simulated 0-60 seconds. By the way, the Simatic Panel has no backtransfer file that's why we can't upload the configuration. The goal of the project is to provide a redundant SCADA using wonderware.

During simulation, the value in the System management console are as follows:

input SMConsole value
0 0
15 1150
30 1300
45 1450
60 1600

I can't seem to make the data mapping for the s5timers work. Actually, there are 4 addresses with similar problems. Am I missing something?

Also, when I used the format S5T in the item name (DB96, W2S5T), I can only read the time correctly but I ca't write on it even the numeric display is an input/output field. Is this really the behavior of the S5T suffix?

Thank you. Any idea is very much appreciated.

Hi Ryan,

S5T is a 16 bit data type.

The first 12 bits is equal to the preset value in BCD.

The last four bits is the time base.

Time base binary code equivalent
*0000 10ms
*0001 100ms
*0010 1s
*0011 10s

I think the reason why your reading in SMC is greater than 1000 is because the time base is 100ms.

If your input in the Simatic Panel is 45s, its equivalent BCD value at 100ms base is 1450.

time base x preset value
100ms 450 = 45000ms = 45s

binary format 2# 0001 0100 1001 000
BCD format 1 4 5 0

I hope this helps.