InSight Vision Modules in RSLogix5000 Faulting

dhinch63

I have 2 InSight Modules loaded and running on a L61 Controllogix Processor. The camera modules fault and need to be reset every time we cycle power on the machine. I believe it is a communication loss and restart, however I can't be sure. Is there something I can program into the cameras to reset communications after power down or to re-establish communications.

Presuming your InSight modules are networked via Ethernet/IP, are you by any chance using dynamic IP addressing (DHCP) at configuration time? (DHCP is the default state of all available Ethernet devices)
It seems to me that, after a power cycle, the modules are trying to acquire a new IP address from the 1756-ENBT bridge fact which will then require a module power cycle in order for the connection to be properly allocated by the CLX controller.
If this is true, I'd use a static (permanent) address when defining the InSight modules CLX connection

When you turn power on to the units, they go through an initialization (power up) stage of approx. 45 seconds.during this time the camera is faulted. program a timer that when power is turned on, you wait 45 seconds before looking for a fault. you may have to play with the time. our time is 45 seconds on all units.

regards,
james