PLC-5 EtherNet Com With 1761 NET_ENI

mdemmer

I have been asked to add a PV+ 700 touch screen to an older cell that has a PLC-5/40 (Enhanced). I have Channel 1B and 2A set to RIO for cell Festo Valve Banks and an Existing PV+ 600 on 2B which is set as DH+. My original issue is the New PV+ 700 does not support DH+ (unless I Buy the add on Comm Module) and my PLC has no E-Net Sidecar Adapter. I want to use Ethernet too just so the line is more Modern and up to date.

I have set up my 1761-NET-ENI(A) and can see my IP and the EDS Picture fine in RSLinx but my issue appears to be with the DF1 Channel 0 Connection to the NET-ENI Module. I am using a 1761-CBL-PM02 with a 9pin to 25pin adapter to connect PLC to NET-ENI Module. This is where I am stuck. I've used these with a SLC 5/04 before but never a PLC5 and never had an issue.

Do I need to set up MSG instructions in RSLogix5? and set the same thing up in the ENI Utility?

Is a series A going to work? I've read that the series A has limitation to number of messages it can handle (I have a series A FRN 1.02)

Any help at this point would be appreciated.