Copying routine/program in rslogix 5000

bornwild

How do I copy routines from one acd project file to another. I have some routines and program which i would like to copy to another rsl5k project. Is there a way to do it? Or I have type those and create those rungs manually. Thanks

Right-click -> Copy

Go to where you want it...

Right-click -> Paste

Done !

If you want to re-use the routine regularly, consider Exporting it (Right-click -> Export Routine) as an L5X (xml) file. You can then Import it into other projects.

Also, if use use the export method, all the tags, UDTs, AOIs, etc that are used in the routine you exported are all brought along into the new project when the routine is imported.

daba: what you say is ok, but do not forget to also copy tags and udts from original location to the new one.

I didn't say because I thought it was too obvious, but you are right.

But, bornwild, be vary careful you do not have "duplicate tags", the pasted routine may well contain tag-names that already exist in the target project. Any code addressing those tags will automatically be "accepted", which of course may be wholly inappropriate !!