Problem about installing FactoryTalk View SE V6.10

alpine

I have problem while I am installing FactoryTalk View SE V6.10

This Problem is password of installing Microsoft SQL Server Express 2008 as follow;

1. When Installer shows dialog box to define "password" of installing
Microsoft SQL Server Express 2008

2. Then I type "Administrator1" as password
( I guess that password would rather correct ! )

3. But, After I have typed password "Administrator1" and Click OK Button,
System shows Dialog box to suggest me that
"The wizard was interrupted before FactoryTalk View Site Edition 6.10.00
( CPR 9 SR 4 ) could be completely installed.
Your system has not been modified. To complete installation at another
time, please run setup again."

I don't understand about this message, Anyone have the method to fix this problem ?

Thank
alpine

How many times have you repeated those steps?
Often, with PCs and software, trying several times will yield different results, no matter how little sense that seems to make. Also, reboot, and run nothing else first. Make sure you have the minimum number of programs running.

Also, you might try right clicking the setup file and "Run as Administrator".

Whenever installing Factory Talk software, it is important to read all of the installation manuals thoroughly beforehand and follow their advice exactly as it applies to your system.

Let us know what you find, please.

I'm glad to see that you got the current release of FactoryTalk View SE.

Rockwell Automation Knowledgebase document ID 460296 (Access: Everyone) describes the error you are encountering.

To summarize, SQL Server 2008 requires a strong password. Any password including the word "Administrator" is not considered "strong".

Which brings to mind this: http://xkcd.com/936/

Use a conventional strong password: more than eight characters, including (three out of four): capitals, lowercase, numbers and non-numeric characters.

Oh, and its even better when one knows some nice niche language to use for passphrases (yeah, not words ;) ).

SenioritOnTosiÄrjyjäTäälläAinakinNeVäittääNiin

Hi everybody, I have installed everything (Factory Talk View Studio SE 6.1) succesfully, but I can't create a new database definition for a local application.

I open my local application, then go to System -> Connectiones -> Databases. Right click on Databases and then clic on New Database... It shows up a window, then complete every textbox and click OK. Then, an SQL Server Log On window appears: I type "sa" in the User name textbos and the password provided in the installation process, but when I click OK I get the error "Unable to connect to the database. Database error - [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBMSLPCN]SQL Server does not exist or access denied."

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance!

Greetings

I think your answer is going to be similar to the problem with the strong password. I installed SQLServerExpress several weeks ago, and if I remember correctly, "sa" was specifically excluded as a login name. Check the installation guide for SQLServerExpress.

Thank you very much Mr. OkiePC, Mr. Ken Roach and everyone

After I finish my work, I will try to install FTV SE 6.1 as method you suggest.
If there are any results, I will tell you at this place.

I had this same issue. Installed on my first 2 laptops no problem. When I tried to do the third had the same problem, most likely not using a strong password.

I left the third with 6.00 installed and continued to use 6.10 on the other laptops.

I have had the issue were by when I restore a project file from version 5.x a large quantity of tags are missing from the tag database. Rockwell have confirmed this is a bug and are developing a patch.

I was so pleased to still have 6.00 on another laptop.

If you are to be using a project from 5.x I would consider holding off the upgrade.

Mike

I have already installed FTV Completely.

Thanks everyone

alpine

Solved! I downloaded an SQL Server Express 2008 installation from Microsoft's site and ran it. Then I selected "New installation or add shared features" option and installed a new Named instance. Once everything installed I ran FactoryTalk View and has no problem creating the new database.

Greetings.